Montgomery County Y News
Weekly Schedule at the Montgomery County Family YMCA
FREE One House Women's Self Defense Class - brought to you by Shane Sanders from Sanders ATA Martial Arts in Council Bluffs, IA.
WHEN: Sunday, Jan. 21st, 2PM - 3PM
WHERE: Montgomery County Family YMCA, Red Oak, IA
THIS NEW YEAR
New Member Special January 2nd - 10th, 2018
MONTGOMERY COUNTY FAMILY YMCA
Whether it’s just you or your whole family, your January through June membership fee is ONLY $18 per month plus $25 activation fee with a new membership! This is the perfect way to KICK OFF the New Year by getting into a healthy routine!
• January through June membership fees ($108) plus $25 activation fee must be paid in full at time of sign-up!
• New members only. Must not have been a member in 2017 to qualify.
• Applies to all regular Y membership fees.
• Fulfill those New Year’s Resolutions!
• Contact the YMCA customer service for more details.
• Current members, in addition to our current referral program of the $25 gas card, you will also receive one month free if your referral maintains their membership for a minimum of 3 months.
CUSTOMER SERVICE/BUILDING SUPERVISOR
@ The Montgomery County Family YMCA
POSITION: Customer Service Representative/Building Supervisor
ADDRESS: Montgomery County Family YMCA
101 East Cherry Street
Red Oak, Iowa 51566
CONTACT INFO: (P) 712.623.2161 (F) 712.623.4920
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 10th, 2018
POSSIBLE HOURS: Friday, Saturday & Sunday (Other days possible)
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This person will be providing front desk coverage which requires good communication and office skills as he/she will be the first point of contact with members and guests of the YMCA. Will also include general supervision of the building and occupants, helping patrons when problems arise, and duties such as mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, etc.
Good people skills and enthusiastic about dealing with people
Able to handle situations, problems, etc. in a professional manner
Accurate and precise in obtaining information
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Familiarity with the computer and Microsoft Office
Physical ability to lift and carry items up to 25 pounds.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION: http://www.mcymca.com/Publications/Employee_Application.pdf
-OR- PICK UP APPLICATION:
Montgomery County Family YMCA
101 East Cherry St., Red Oak, IA 51566
Montgomery County Family YMCA Kayak policy
1. You must have a PINK SWIMMING BAND to use kayaks in the deep end.
2. Children with a GREEN SWIMMING BAND, AGE 10, & wearing a properly fitted lifejacket may use a kayak in the deep end.
3. 1 person per boat
4. Flipping and ramming kayaks purposely will not be permitted.
5. Kayaks MUST stay out of swimmers way.
6. 3 kayaks in the pool at a time.
7. Lap lane will remain open so kayaks must stay out of the lane.
8. Kayaks are first come, first serve so sharing of kayaks is an expectation.
9. Kayaks will be brought to the water and put away by those using them; NOT the lifeguards.
10. The lifeguard has the authority to ask that the kayaks not be used at anytime without prior notice.
11. Please be aware of paddles and where they are placed so they do not cause an accident or injury.
12. Kayaks may be used in the shallow water by younger children only with adult assistance and within arms reach.