Updates for 5-8 year old Soccerby Kristi Potts on 04/14/21
The first practice is this coming Saturday, April 17th at 10:00am (don’t be late please) and will end around 11:00am. Practice will be held at the Red Oak Sports Complex (NW Field). If you want to remain to watch practice that is fine, but please stay beyond the fence off the field.
Here is what you need to know:
• Please make sure to review the YMCA Youth Symptom Checklist (attached) each practice date prior to bringing your son/daughter to practice. If any of the symptoms are present or “yes” to any questions they should not attend practice.
• Masks are not required for players during actual practice time. Soccer balls will be disinfected during play breaks and players will disinfect hands during play breaks.
• Restroom use may NOT be available yet at the complex.
• Bring your own bottle of water with their name on it.
• Good pair of tennis shoes. Cleats are not necessary.
• Shin guards are encouraged.
• If you do not stay to watch practice, please arrive shortly before the end of practice time at 10:50am in case practice ends early or bad weather sets in during practice time.
• Dress your child appropriately for the days anticipated weather. Cold weather please wear sweat pants, long sleeves..etc..
• If practice is canceled due to weather we will post on the Y's Facebook and announced on KCSI radio.
We will have a fun atmosphere and will teach fundamentals and have a little scrimmage at the end.
If you have any questions please let us know!
Matt Davis, Program Director