Thank you to our Social Media Sponsors:
Bank Iowa, Belt Auto & Trailer Sales & RK Belt & Sons, Inc., Body Basics Chiropractic, Fareway, Good Samaritan Society Red Oak & Villisca, Great Western Bank, Healthy Turf Lawn, Houghton State Bank, John's Heating & A/C Services, Johnson Auto Parts, Medicap Pharmacy,
Orme Lawn Service, Parker Hannifin, Red Oak Chrysler, Rubey Realty, State Farm Insurance
A UNISEX SPECIAL NEEDS
/FAMILY LOCKER ROOM
is available to anyone who needs assistance changing, using the restroom, or preparing to enter the pool area.
Lockers are available free of charge for your daily use. You can bring your own lock or rent a lock at the Welcome Center.
We recommend you lock up your belongings and please remember to take your lock and items with you when you leave each day.
If you would like to rent a locker for the year there is a cost of $65 for the 1st year and $50 annually after that.
Please bring your own towels with you from home. If you forget your towel we might be able to provide one for you while you are here. Please ask at the Welcome Center when you arrive.
- Swimming without a lifegaurd present is prohibited.
- Breath-holding activities are not permited in Y pools.
- Children age 4 and under who have not passed the swim test MUST wear a life jacket. Swim rings, arm floaties, etc, are not a substitute. (This policy will soon be changing to those ages 6 and under.)
- Keep all chairs in their proper locations and against the wall at all times.
- Shower before you enter the pool
- Proper swimming attire must be worn at all times.
- Running on the deck, in the locker rooms, in the showers or hallways is not permitted.
- Food, pop, gum, or candy is not permitted in the Aquatics Center.
- Hosreplay of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Constantly scan the pool to recognize when a swimmer is in distress within 10 seconds and provide assistance within an additional 10 seconds.
- Always be on gaurd and remain focused on our primary responsibilty of protecting lives. Please understand that this is why we cannot stop and talk.
- Always wear a rescue tube, carry a mask and have gloves accessible for us.
- always sit in an elevated lifegaurd chair or patrol at the edge of the pool. This enables us to be more aware of visibilty issues and rotate our positions accordingly.
- attend regular training events to practive our skills and stay on the cutting edge of aduatic safety.
- be here for you and keep you safe.
ENJOY YOUR VISIT TO THE Y POOL!
WE PROMISE TO:
- Y equipment (i.e. noodles, kickboards, aqua bells) is reserved for instructor use only.
- Children must pass a swim test before they are allowed in the deep end.
- Diving only where permitted.
- Hanging on the float lines, starting blocks, or lap lanes is not permitted.
- Starting blocks are only to be used with Y coach or instructor.
- Enter the water facing forward.
- Persons with bandages, open cuts or wounds are not permitted in the pool.
- The lifegaurds word is FINAL.